What services are provided?
AgrAbility PA promotes independence in farming for individuals with disabilities or long-term health conditions by providing the following services at no cost:
- On-site farm assessments that help identify barriers to successful completion of everyday tasks
- Identification of safe and appropriate modifications, equipment, or assistive technologies
- Peer and caregiver support
- Educational opportunities such as farm safety days, presentations to health care and rehabilitation professionals, county crop and dairy days, and statewide agricultural expositions
- Referrals and information about state and local resources
Maintain your livelihood… and your independence.
Any Pennsylvanian with a disability or long-term health condition who is engaged in farming or a farm-related occupation may be eligible to receive services. Examples include:
- Spinal cord injury
- Traumatic brain injury
- Back pain or injury
- Knee pain or injury
- Visual or hearing loss
- Respiratory problems
What is the cost?
There is no cost for professional training, technical assistance, on-site assessments, or educational materials available through AgrAbility PA. However, the project does not provide direct funding or equipment. AgrAbility PA staff works with the PA Office of Vocational Rehabilitation, Pennsylvania Assistive Technology Foundation, UCP Central PA (which is a PA Assistive Technology Resource Center), and other third-party sources to help clients obtain needed assistive technologies, modfications, and funding.